Saturday, September 10, 2016

White Paper Drawings

"White Diagonals" 8x10", gesso and paper
   For the White Paper drawing assignment, we took 21x24" sheets of paper and had to make them fit into an 8x10" space. I started by ripping long strips of the paper and fitting them into the general shape and size of an 8x10" rectangle using gesso as a binder. Once I had the desired size, I cut the piece into four equal pieces and rearranged them so that the edges of the piece were cleaner.


"Grey Space" 8x10", gesso, water, paper, and Rembrandt black pastel
   The second piece for the White Paper drawing assignment. In this drawing, we were allowed to incorporate black pastel into the drawing. I wanted to experiment with the values I could get from the pastel when mixed with water and gesso, but I also wanted to leave the piece more abstract and geometric. This assignment ended up being largely experimental for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment